The New Wolsey Theatre is looking to fill up to three part-time Creative Assistant roles to support an upcoming production of Tommy in 2017 as part of the Ramps on the Moon Project. The roles are open to people from across the UK who have experienced barriers to accessing employment or further training due to access requirements not being met, or who identify as D/deaf or disabled.
We are looking for people who wish to develop and share their skills in an area of theatre production which they are passionate about. Some examples of these may include:
- Music composition / conducting
- Set Design
- Costume Design
- Stage Management
- Sound Design/Engineering
- Lighting Design/Operation
- Digital Media / AV Design
These opportunities will give individuals the chance to assist creative theatre practitioners, providing a unique training and development opportunity. No experience is needed but an interest in theatre production and an appetite to develop a career in this area is essential.
The Creative Assistant roles are short-term, paid positions. They will be based in London and Ipswich across February and March, with the possibility of touring with the production. Hours are offered as flexible.
Please contact email@example.com to express your interest if you:
- Are wanting to kick start your career in theatre production (from the wide range of production roles referenced above)
- Aged 18 or over (as of December 2016)
- Have experienced barriers to accessing employment or further training due to your access requirements not being met, or identify as D/deaf or disabled.
- Are available January – March 2017 on a part- time, flexible basis
If you would like an informal chat about these opportunities, please feel free to contact Lorna Owen, New Wolsey Theatre Human Resources Manager on 01473 295917.