To support 2018’s Ramps on the Moon production, Nottingham Playhouse is looking for expressions of interest for Creative Assistant roles. The roles are open to D/deaf or disabled people from across the UK.
Do you fit the following criteria?
- Are you wanting to kick start your career in theatre production?
- Are you aged 18 or over (as of December 2017)?
- Have you experienced barriers to employment or training due to your access requirements not being met?
- Do you identify as D/deaf or disabled?
- Are you available January – March 2018? (Time commitment will be dependent on the role)
We are looking for people who wish to develop and share their skills in an area of theatre production which they are passionate about. Some examples of these may include:
- Music Composition
- Set Design
- Costume Design
- Stage Management
- Sound Design/Operation
- Lighting Design/Operation
- Digital Media/AV Design
These opportunities will give individuals the chance to assist creative theatre practitioners, providing a unique development opportunity. Professional experience isn’t essential but an interest in theatre production and an appetite to develop a career in this area is vital.
The Creative Assistant roles are paid opportunities. Appropriate access support will be available. The production will be rehearsing in London and opening in Nottingham w/c Sunday 4th March 2018, it will then tour to 5 other UK venues.